Project outcome thoughts

     I was kinda stuck on what to do so I drew something quick and light.


    It's the personification of a daisy: meaning purity, childhood and innocence.

    I was more concerned about getting the personality and emotion of the flower rather than the character design for this one. And it got me thinking about what my project may end up as.
    Up till now, I've been talking about the idea of a world building project centred around characters based around flower language. I think I may change my aim to an illustration project with a focus on communication emotion through personifications of flowers.
    
    In Victorian times, flower language became popular because it was a way to communicate intense emotions in a socially acceptable way, particularity for women. Like you could tell someone that you hated then but it wouldn't come across as strong if you did it through a flower bouquet. And that's what flower language is all about: communication of emotions. 
    
    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/03/21 update

23/02/21 update

25/10/20 update