First drawings

 So I started drawing stuff. I figured that I should start with characters and then build everything else around them. So first, before I read the book on floriography, I did a basic rose person study:


I wanted to draw a basic cute figure with the petals coming out of the neck area to resemble a rose. Also, this was good painting practice for me, it's a lot more painterly than I do usually. I want to get better at more life-like style rendering this year. I downloaded some brushes to play with and I really like using the blender to get the shape of the petals.
After I finished the floriography book, I decided that even though I didn't know exactly what kind of society structure I wanted to do, I was pretty sure I wanted some kind of royalty. So, I did some quick concepts of a queen character based on the amaryllis flower: 


I tried to play with the ratio of creature to humanoid. I think I want her to be closer to human but I'm not certain. Each of them feel like a different type of queen character. One feels kind, graceful and experienced. Two and three feel like princesses newly crowned. Two is more lively and three is dainty. Four feels powerful and harsh. And five is elf-like and maybe more rebellious than the rest. At the moment, two is the only design I dislike. The rest, I think I could develop into something depending on the type of queen character I want to go for.

3rd party brushes used

Mirre's Favourites Brush pack

TPU Skin Brush (やわ肌ブラシ) 

Frenden's 800+ Clip Studio Brushes Brush pack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/03/21 update

23/02/21 update

25/10/20 update