Flower Language

     So during the summer, I kept busy doing illustration and one of the last ones I did was Kingdom Hearts fanart of two characters with flowers in the background. 

    For it, I did a bunch of research into flower meanings since I wanted the flowers to be indicative of the relationship the two characters have in canon. I specifically went for flowers typically used in funerals and chose flower colours based on direct meanings. Like roses are used a lot in funerals but the colour changes the type of mourning. And flower meanings will be different depending on time period and culture, like Victorian flower meanings are different to modern Britain ones.

    So taking all of that, I was thinking that maybe if I could build a fictional society based on flower meanings. Like I could design anthropomorphic flowers and their role in the society is determined by the language of the flower that they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/03/21 update

23/02/21 update

25/10/20 update