21/09/20 Notes

DES Lecture

  • Digital, culture, media and sport committee (19 june 2019)
    •     Immersive and addictive technologies inquiry
  • Online harms white paper (DCMS 2020)

ART 405 Lecutre 1
  • Where do you want to be one year from now?
    • I want to be working as a concept artist where my work helps others to do their job and work towards an an end goal
  • Employment
    • Who would you want to work for?
      • A company
    • More generally, what sector interests you?
      • Video games
    • What role would you like to be in?
      • Concept designer / artist
    • What are the entry, junior or graduate level roles that you could be looking at?
      • I don't know.
    • What skills or knowledge do you need to enter this role?
      • Creativity, general drawing / painting skills, teamwork
  • Personal Development
    • Are you keen to set off on your own and develop your own enterprise? What would this involve, and what would you need to get started?
      • At the moment I'm not interested.
    • Are you interested in wider societal issues, such as health, education, the environment or politics? Do you want to make a difference to society in some way? How might you contribute to society through your practice?
      • (come back)
Introduce Yourself discussion post

I'm Amy and I'm doing Computer Arts.

I wanted to study this because I didn't want to go to art school but I still wanted to draw and Computer Arts seemed like a good alternative. 

Recently, I've been interested in League of Legends' character design. League has a big mixed bag of character design where, even when I don't like a particular design, it's interesting to break down and work out why I feel the way I do about it. It's fun to think about the different components that go into a design and how it informs a the me about the character and the world around them.

Since the professional project, I've really started to enjoy doing environments particularly interiors. I love thinking of interior drawing like a puzzle box where each object creates a bigger picture about the space and who lives in it. I don't have a full project dedicated to environment design yet though so I think I want to develop that further.

After uni, I think I want to go into concept design. I love seeing my work go towards someone else work to create a bigger picture as a team.

The Big Picture discussion post

I don't have much of an idea of what I'd like to do. 

I had a look some of the old project blogs and I really like the idea of a world bible. My project for last term was magical girl character design, so maybe I could take that further and explore the concept more. Typically in media, I like world building where there's a contrast between magic and technology like a urban fantasy so maybe I could develop a world around that? I'm not certain right now but thinking about doing a world bible is getting me excited so I think that's a good sign. 

I think I should research for any examples that I can look at and just generally stuff on world building in fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/03/21 update

23/02/21 update

25/10/20 update